MLS Cup 2016 on Saturday, December 10 (7 pm CT) will be broadcast on national primetime TV in both the USA and Canada as well as to more than 170 countries and territories worldwide.
On Friday, Dec. 9, both FS1 and Univision Deportes Network (UDN) will each be airing 1-hour preview shows for US audiences. UDN will kick things off at 7 p.m. and the FS1 show will air at 9 p.m. CT.
Also on Friday, SiriusXM FC Channel 85 will run a 4-hour preview show in the USA beginning at 8 p.m. CT. More details on that and the other previews follow below:
MLS Cup will air on FOX for the first time ever. It’s also the first time since 2008 that an MLS Cup final will air on English-language US network television.
- Preview show on FS1: FS1 will showcase a special 1-hour preview show on Friday, Dec. 9 at 9 p.m. CT. Rob Stone will host from BMO Field alongside analysts Alexi Lalas, Eric Wynalda, Stu Holden, Sigi Schmid and Sports Illustrated's Grant Wahl.
- Pregame show on FOX: Pregame coverage on Dec. 10 begins at 6:30 p.m. CT on FOX, featuring an exclusive interview with new USMNT coach Bruce Arena. Rachel Bonnetta will host a special edition of "FOX Soccer Live" on FOX’s Facebook page at 6 p.m. CT.
- MLS Cup coverage: The team of John Strong (play-by-play), Brad Friedel (analysis) and Julie Stewart-Binks (sideline reports) will call all the action of MLS Cup 2016.
- Streaming: Fans in the USA can also watch the match via the FOX Sports GO app or FOXSoccer2Go.com.
- Virtual reality: FOX Sports will be presenting full Virtual Reality coverage of the match from multiple angles through the FOX Sports VR app, marking the first time the MLS Cup title match has been offered in virtual reality. The presentation includes a "magic window" experience for iOS and Android, as well as fully immersive VR on both cardboard and Samsung Gear VR.
UniMas and Univision Deportes Network
UniMas and Univision Deportes Network will broadcast the 2016 MLS Cup in Spanish in the United States.
- Preview show on UDN (Friday): Univision Deportes Network (UDN) will host a special 1-hour "Somos MLS" preview show on Friday, Dec. 9 from 7 p.m.-8 p.m. CT.
- Pregame show: A 1-hour pregame show "La Barra MLS" begins at 6 p.m. CT on UniMas and UDN.
- MLS Cup coverage: Game coverage kicks off at 7 p.m. CT and will feature play-by-play commentary and analysis from the network’s team of MLS broadcasters, including Raul Guzman, Marcelo Balboa, Ramses Sandoval and former Seattle Sounders FC player Gonzalo Pineda.
- Streaming: Fans can watch the match broadcast via the Univision Deportes app or UnivisionDeportes.c