DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-4-2):
- Joe Willis; Kevin Garcia, Taylor Hunter, Jalil Anibaba, Dylan Remick; Eric Bird, Joseph Holland, Charlie Ward, Memo Rodriguez; Vicente Sánchez, Andrew Wenger
STARTING XI NOTES:
- GK Joe Willis is making his seventh start in the Open Cup for Houston, which puts him past Tally Hall for first place in the Dynamo record book in the competition.
- A clean sheet tonight would be Willis’ fourth for the club in Open Cup play, which would move him into sole possession of first place in club history, passing Tally Hall.
- Willis was part of the 2013 D.C. United side that won the U.S. Open Cup, and started the Black-and-Red’s first four matches in the tournament that year.
- DF Jalil Anibaba is making his third appearance and second start for the Dynamo in U.S. Open Cup competition.
- DF Taylor Hunter is making his 2017 Dynamo debut tonight. Hunter has played in two U.S. Open Cup matches for the Dynamo with one start.
- DF Kevin Garcia is making his U.S. Open Cup debut for Houston and will be making his third appearance and second start of the 2017 season across all competitions.
- DF Dylan Remick is making his seventh start of the year for the Dynamo and his first for the club in U.S. Open Cup play.
- The midfield trio of Eric Bird, Joseph Holland and Charlie Ward are all making their U.S. Open Cup debuts for the club.
- Bird and Ward will also be making their debuts for the club across all competitions when they take the pitch tonight.
- FW Andrew Wenger started in two U.S. Open Cup matches last year with the Dynamo and registered one assist in the competition.
- MF Memo Rodriguez will make his first start for the Dynamo across all competitions and will be making his fourth appearance of the season overall.
- FW Vicente Sánchez will make his Open Cup debut for the Dynamo and his 10th appearance for the club overall this season.
- Sanchez will be making his first start in Orange tonight.
- Sanchez will wear the captain’s armband for the Dynamo tonight. It will be his first match as captain for the club.
- GK Calle Brown could make his debut in a competitive match for the Dynamo if he enters the game tonight. Brown played 45 minutes in the 2016 Dynamo Charities Cup, but has not yet seen the pitch in an official competition.
- The Dynamo signed seven players from RGV FC to short-term agreements ahead of tonight’s match. Two – midfielders Eric Bird and Charlie Ward – are in the Starting XI. DF Kai Greene, MF Jorginho James, FW Camilo Monroy, FW Ruben Luna and FW Kyle Murphy are all poised to make their Dynamo debuts if they come on as substitutes.
- MF Jose Escalante saw action in three league games with one start in 2016 but could make his 2017 Dynamo debut if he comes in as a substitute this evening. It would also be Escalante’s debut in Open Cup play.