DYNAMO STARTING XI (4-2-3-1):
- Joe Willis; Kevin Garcia, Taylor Hunter, Jalil Anibaba, Dylan Remick; Eric Bird, Charlie Ward; Andrew Wenger, Alex, Memo Rodriguez; Vicente Sánchez
STARTING XI NOTES:
- GK Joe Willis is making his club-record eighth start in the Open Cup for Houston. Willis passed former Dynamo GK Tally Hall on the team all-time list with his seventh career start on June 14 at North Carolina FC.
- A clean sheet tonight would be Willis’ fourth for the club in Open Cup play, which would move him into sole possession of first place in club history, passing Tally Hall.
- MF Alex will be making his sixth appearance and fifth start in Open Cup play for the Dynamo tonight. Alex has two goals and two assists in Open Cup competition for the club.
- DF Jalil Anibaba is making his fourth appearance and third start for the Dynamo in U.S. Open Cup competition.
- DF Taylor Hunter will be making this fourth Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup appearance and second start tonight, and his second of the 2017 tournament.
- DF Kevin Garcia is making his fourth appearance and third start of the 2017 season across all competitions, and his second consecutive start in Open Cup competition.
- DF Dylan Remick is making his seventh second consecutive start for the club in U.S. Open Cup play.
- Remick can score in back-to-back Open Cup matches with a goal tonight.
- FW Andrew Wenger is starting his third U.S. Open Cup match with the Dynamo and his second of this season.
- Wenger can score in back-to-back Open Cup matches with a goal tonight.
- MF Memo Rodriguez will be making his fifth appearance of the season overall and his second consecutive start in Open Cup competition.
- Rodriguez can score in back-to-back Open Cup matches with a goal tonight.
- FW Vicente Sánchez will make his second consecutive start in Open Cup play and his 12th appearance for the club overall this season.
- Sanchez will wear the captain’s armband for the Dynamo tonight. It will be his first match as captain for the club.
- GK Calle Brown could make his debut in a competitive match for the Dynamo if he enters the game tonight. Brown played 45 minutes in the 2016 Dynamo Charities Cup, but has not yet seen the pitch in an official competition.
- The Dynamo signed seven players from RGV FC to short-term agreements ahead of tonight’s match. Two – midfielders Eric Bird and Charlie Ward – are in the Starting XI. DF Kai Greene and MF Jorginho James are poised to make their Dynamo debuts if they come on as substitutes.
- FW Ruben Luna can make his second consecutive appearance off the bench in Open Cup play if he comes on tonight. Luna made his Dynamo debut and played 42 minutes in the Dynamo’s 3-2 win in extra time.
- MF Jose Escalante can make his second consecutive appearance in the 2017 Open Cup if he comes on as a substitute this evening. Escalante played 39 minutes in Houston’s 3-2 win over North Caroilna FC on June 14.
- MF Boniek García can make his 2017 tournament debut with an appearance tonight, and his fourth appearance in the tournament overall.
- MF Joseph Holland can make his second consecutive appearance in the tournament if he comes into the game. Holland started and went 81 minutes in Houston’s 3-2 win over North Carolina FC on June 14.